Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 pound turkey breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and lemon peel until smooth. Dissolve bouillon and honey in boiling water; stir into the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in 1 tablespoon hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry the onions, celery and red pepper in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Return turkey to the pan.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add water chestnuts and peas; heat through. Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Serve over rice if desired.
1 cup: 264 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.