- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon zest; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread.
1 slice: 162 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.