Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large shallow dish, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time; turn to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup broth to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes Stir in lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.