- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon zest, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. If desired, garnish with lemon zest.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.