Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; beat into creamed mixture. Divide into two balls; wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 2-in. rounds. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and zest. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
1 each: 142 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.