- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over warm bread.
BlueberriesIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 slice: 226 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.