Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Spread over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving.
- Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts.
1 piece: 545 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.