- 2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 link (half of 13.5 ounce package) Johnsonville® Smoked or Three Cheese Italian Style Premium Cooking Sausage, quartered and sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.
- Spread panko mixture on top and bake at 350?F for 25 minutes.