- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken over medium heat until browned. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute celery, green pepper, onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Return chicken to pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°.
1 each: 184 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.