- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped toasted walnuts, optional
- Place steamer basket and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Set green beans in basket. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 1 minute. Quick-release pressure; drain.
- Return beans to pressure cooker. Add parsley, butter, chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with nuts.
3/4 cup: 60 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.