- 4-1/2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, water, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the apples are tender. Gradually stir in gelatin and pudding; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Chill 3-4 hours or until firm.
1 slice: 272 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.