- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients and pepper, if using. On a clean work surface, mix the all-purpose and semolina flours, forming a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into the well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (the dough will be slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour; knead dough gently 5 times. Divide into 6 portions; cover and let rest 30 minutes.
- To make fettuccine, roll each ball into a 10x8-in. rectangle, dusting lightly with flour. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 1/4-in.-wide strips. Cook in boiling water 1-3 minutes.
1 serving: 217 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.