- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup almond paste
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, almond paste and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Gradually add flour just until moistened.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; top with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
1 bar: 107 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.