Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Combine the first 7 ingredients. Place 4 slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with remaining toast.
1 sandwich: 367 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.