- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Add onion and garlic salt to beef; continue to cook until onion is soft. Stir in the flour; cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Add water or beef broth, condensed soup and mushrooms; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes.
- Gently fold in sour cream; heat only until warm. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over noodles or rice and if desired, top with parsley.
1 each: 318 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.