- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thick sliced deli ham, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, summer squash, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add ham and peas; heat through. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low; add eggs to the skillet. Cook and stir until egg coats the back of a spoon and reaches 160° (mixture will look like a soft frothy egg).
- Drain spaghetti and place in a bowl. Add eggs; toss to coat. Add the vegetable mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, thyme, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
1-1/2 cups: 456 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.