- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 drops neon green food coloring
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in milk and extract. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, transfer milk mixture to a punch bowl. Stir in the food coloring and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream.
Test Kitchen Tips
1 cup: 142 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.