- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- Place bratwurst in a large saucepan; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice.
1 each: 440 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1052mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.