- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 pound each thinly sliced deli ham, smoked turkey and pastrami
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender. Layer six bread slices with ham, turkey, pastrami, bacon, vegetables and cheese; top with remaining bread. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until heated through.
1 sandwich: 548 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1745mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.