Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 5 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash celery salt
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups torn romaine or fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place bread cubes in a bowl. Drizzle with butter; toss lightly. Sprinkle with seasonings; toss to combine. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons.
1-1/4 cups: 265 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.