Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- Optional: Assorted sprinkles and colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add egg and almond extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with toppings if desired. Bake until set (do not brown), 7-8 minutes.
1 cookie: 44 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.