- 24 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) decorating frosting in color of your choice
- 24 After Eight thin mints
- 24 milk chocolate M&M's in color of your choice or 24 semisweet chocolate chips
- Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups; place upside down on waxed paper. Place a small amount of frosting on each peanut butter cup; center a mint on each. Using frosting, make a loop for each cap's tassel. Place an M&M on top of each loop.
Graduation Cap Cookies Tips
What can you use instead of After Eight Mints on these graduation cap cookies?These square mints can easily be swapped out for a treat that suits your taste. Small square cookies (think shortbread or wafers) would make for a tasty swap. You can also use square candies such as Ghirardelli chocolate squares.
How else can you make the tassel on these graduation cap cookies?You can use homemade royal icing to make the tassels on these caps if store-bought isn't for you. Use food coloring to dye the icing to match your grad's school colors! You can also get creative and use candies such as pull-and-peel licorice or thinly cut sour candy strips.
How should you store graduation cap cookies?Store your cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. No need to refrigerate!
—Lisa Kaminski, Taste of Home Editor
1 dessert: 94 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.