Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix or self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine baking mix or flour, sugar, ginger, soda and salt. Using hands, rub egg into mixture.
- In a saucepan, warm syrup and butter; stir into batter. Let stand for 3-4 minutes, then knead. Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into small balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will flatten and "crackle" when done.
2 biscuits: 140 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.