- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped dried beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian or pumpernickel bread, optional
- Fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beef, peppers and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- If desired, just before serving, cut top off bread; scoop out bread from inside, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save the bread from inside to make croutons or bread crumbs or save for another use). Fill shell with cream cheese mixture. Serve with vegetables, crackers or corn chips.
2 tablespoons: 112 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.