- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash pepper
- 1 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn and jalapeno.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 14-16 minutes. In a small bowl, combine honey butter ingredients. Serve with warm muffins.
Peppers (Hot)Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.