- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, basil and garlic powder; heat through.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oregano and salt. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Serve with pasta.
1 each: 483 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.