Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pastry for 2 double-crust pies
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Sprinkle with cumin. Chop into very small pieces and place in a bowl. Add chilies and cheese. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat.
- Turn pastry dough onto a floured surface; roll to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cutter. Fill each circle with about 1 tablespoon of filling. Wet edges of circle with water. Fold half of pastry over filling; seal with fingers, then press with the tines of a fork. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush lightly with milk. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 each: 126 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.