- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink, 3-5 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Easy Beef Soup Tips
What spices can you add to this easy beef soup?Use an Italian or Mexican seasoning blend, or add your own mix of spices. Cayenne pepper, paprika and chili powder will give this beef soup a kick. Reach for herbs like dried oregano, parsley and rosemary for a classic comfort food dish.
What other vegetables can you add to beef soup?Add potatoes for an extra-hearty meal, or keep the method easy with canned corn. For more umami, toss in fresh mushrooms. Just make sure to avoid these common mistakes you may be making with soup.
Can you use stew meat instead of ground beef?Yes, you could swap in stew meat in our easy beef soup, but you're better off cooking stew meat in a slow cooker. Stew meat is typically tougher, so it benefits from a low-and-slow cook. Try this slow-cooker beef stew—it fills your home with the coziest aromas.
—Elizabeth Harris, Taste of Home contributing writer
1-1/4 cups: 142 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.