- 6 large red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dill weed, white pepper and garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions and parsley. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Dilled Potato Salad Tips
What's the best way to cook potatoes for dilled potato salad?The most common method of cooking potatoes for potato salad is boiling, although you may come across potatoes being microwaved, roasted or fried before they're mixed into a salad.
Can you use milk instead of half-and-half cream to make dilled potato salad?Yes, you can definitely use milk as a half-and-half substitute in this dilled potato salad recipe.
How long will dilled potato salad last in the refrigerator?Potato salad can last 3-4 days in the refrigerator as long you store your leftovers properly. You can make it ahead, up to a day in advance of serving.
—Rashanda Cobbins, Taste of Home Food Editor
3/4 cup: 182 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.