Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta, broken into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- In a small saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, red pepper and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Stir in curry powder, ginger and pepper flakes. Add rice and pasta; drizzle with soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Heat through, tossing to combine. Stir in green onions, cashews and cooked eggs.
1 serving: 360 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.