- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 1/4 cup egg salad.
2 filled pita pockets: 398 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 329mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.