- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in picante sauce; heat through. Gently stir in avocado and green onions.
2/3 cup: 188 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.