- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste until blended. In a small bowl, combine milk powder and flour; stir in milk until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through.
1 cup: 201 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk.