- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups water
- Sour cream and minced fresh chives, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine first 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pan and heat through. If desired, serve with sour cream and chives.
1 cup: 112 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.