- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan; add 1 in of water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Add cauliflower. Pour cream over top. Dot with butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Garnish with parsley if desired.
1 cup: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.