- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 24 pecan halves, optional
- For the filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide half of the batter among 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls over batter. Top with remaining batter. Place a pecan on each muffin if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
1 muffin: 207 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.