Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water and asparagus to a boil; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper flakes. Pour into skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, place cream cheese and asparagus over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slide onto a plate; cut in half.
1/2 each: 215 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.