Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add orange juice concentrate, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 219 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.