- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
1/4 cup: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.