- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, mix first 8 ingredients. Unroll 1 crust into a 9-in. pie plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Unroll remaining crust onto a work surface; make cutout vents using small cookie cutters. Place top crust over filling; seal and flute edge. Decorate top with cutouts. Brush with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cover edge with foil during the last 30 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 482 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.