- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up meat into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in flour, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Add broth; cook and stir until broth is absorbed, 1-2 minutes. Stir in peas; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep cast-iron skillet or deep-dish pie plate. Top with mashed potatoes; if desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° until filling is bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
1 serving: 371 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.