- 1 pork crown roast (about 7 pounds and 12 ribs)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups crushed cornbread stuffing
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir celery and onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the stuffing, corn, mushrooms, salt, poultry seasoning and remaining pepper. Carefully spoon 1-3 cups into center of roast. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bake roast until a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 140°, 1 hour. Cover and bake extra stuffing until browned, 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Cut between ribs to serve.
1 each: 545 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.