- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Instant espresso powder and chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in coffee and 1/4 cup sugar. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into four Irish coffee mugs or 4-oz. custard cups. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with gelatin. Garnish with espresso powder and coffee beans if desired.
1 each: 182 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.