- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Combine salt, chili powder and pepper; rub into chicken cubes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add vinegar; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink. Cool slightly. Alternately thread chicken, cheese and tomatoes onto wooden skewers. Serve cold.
1 each: 93 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable.