Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, melted
- Lightly toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix frosting, coconut and extracts. Tear cake into pieces. In batches, pulse cake in a food processor until crumbs form. Stir crumbs into frosting mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on baking sheets. Insert sticks. Freeze at least 2 hours or refrigerate at least 3 hours, until firm.
- Dip cake pops in melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in toasted coconut. Insert cake pops in a Styrofoam block; let stand until set.
1 cake pop: 188 calories, 8g fat (7g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.