Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine next five ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets (cookies will spread). Place pecan half in the center of each cookie and push down slightly. Bake 14-16 minutes.
2 cookies: 244 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.