- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice, water, coconut milk, sugar and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, lime zest, ginger, vinegar and honey; set aside. In a large skillet, saute chicken in canola and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add lime mixture to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and cilantro. Fluff rice with a fork and serve with chicken mixture.
2/3 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice: 415 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.