- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cardamom, cinnamon and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups chopped Honeycrisp apples (about 2 large)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in butter and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in salt, spices and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut and cashews. Drizzle with pomegranate juice mixture; toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring halfway. Cool on a wire rack. When completely cooled, stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- For parfaits, in a bowl, mix yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, lime zest and lime juice until blended. To serve, layer 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, 2 tablespoons granola, 3 tablespoons chopped apple and 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds in each of 8 parfait glasses. Repeat layers. (Save remaining granola for another use; store in an airtight container.)
- Drizzle parfaits with remaining honey. Serve immediately.
1 parfait: 440 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.