Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and oil. In another shallow bowl, mix coconut, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and salt. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; spritz turkey with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve turkey with sauce.
3 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoon sauce: 278 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.