Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in M&M's.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
M&M Christmas Cookies Tips
Can you use regular M&M's for baking?Yes, you can use regular M&M's for baking.The candy shell of the M&M will prevent it from becoming a melted mess—they'll only melt in your mouth. Try switching things up by swapping plain M&M's for different M&M varieties like mint, caramel or peanut. If you have any leftover M&M's to spare, use them up in these M&M cookie recipes.
How do I store M&M Christmas cookies?Like most Christmas cookie recipes, these M&M cookies should be stored in an airtight bag or container. They’ll last for about three days when stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature and three months when stored in the freezer. Follow our cookie storage guide for more tips.
How do I turn these M&M Christmas cookies into bars?Follow our Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars recipe to make M&M Christmas cookie bars! Just omit the Oreo cookies. (Find even more cookie bar ideas.)
Research contributed by Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 cookie: 91 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.